|Job Title: Consultant Obstetrician/ Gynaecologist|
|Company Name: Avon Medical Practice|
|Department: Clinical Services|
|Reports to: Medical Director|
The Obstetrician Gynaecologist’s primary responsibilities include examining patients, diagnosing medical problems and treating various illnesses and diseases. The Obstetrician Gynaecologist will assist with maintaining and developing the patient service of Avon Medical. There is also scope to bring or develop a further sub-specialty interest to complement existing expertise within the facility. There is also the opportunity to develop new and innovative services and this is actively encouraged and supported. The O& G consultant Provides medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and those who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women.
- Monitors flow and productivity in the department and recommends improved processes.
- Ability to advise on efficient and smooth running of the Department.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with staff and members of the health care team.
- Foster a collaborative atmosphere with other members of the healthcare team.
- Exercise responsibility for the maintenance and accuracy of facility reports, database records and logs.
- Completes all documentation, including computerized documentation
- Daily reviews of all inpatient obstetric and gynaecologic patients
- Prompt reviews of all outpatient obstetric and gynaecological patients at all hours
- Conducting antenatal service for all ante-natal patients in conjunction with the family physician
- Responsibility for training and skill improvement processes of all clinical staff with respect to Obstetrics and gynaecology supported by the family physician
- Planning of ante-natal and delivery care for all registered patients
- Supervision of labour and delivery of all patients.
- Work closely with Director, Nursing Services to improve quality of mid-wifery care administered during labour
- Ensure adherence to best practice with respect to all aspects of obstetrics and gynaecology care
- Conduction of both routine and complicated c-sections and gynaecological surgeries.
- Conduction of bi-annual O&G update course for clinical staff.
- Advise management constantly as regards improvement of care regarding obstetric practice
- Other duties as assigned by medical director
|KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s)|
- Adhere to accepted professional and ethical standards.
- Provide patient services consistent with the scope of practice and clinical standards.
- Upholds strong leadership skills.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and teaching.
- Should have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- Should upgrade themselves regularly by learning advanced treatment methods.
- An awareness of own strengths and weaknesses.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be polite, enthusiastic and should have a pleasant personality.
- Enquiring, critical approach to work.
- Caring attitude to patients.
- Should raise appropriate questions to the patients and make them feel comfortable while discussing any health issues.
- Be confident and have the ability to take appropriate decisions in case of conflicts in the treatment process.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs used for documentation activities and report generation
- Should have ability to diagnose the disease appropriately and provide proper treatment assistance to the patients
- Be skilled at using advanced treatment methods which are best in the industry.
- MBBS and must have completed residency training in O&G
- 0-3 years’ work experience as consultant O&G